Linggo, Marso 29, 2015

First memories - living without a father

(2nd post for my diary)

My first memories were mom was always with us. I barely saw my father for things I did not know. At times when he was at home, I knew back then that he was always drunk. So every time I saw him, I was so scared to him. There was an instance when he was forcing me to have a photograph with him and I did not want to, so I cried so hard because I was so frightened.

Then after sometime, something happened. It was a  bright afternoon, it was the last time I remembered my father went home. But he was not there to sleep or to stay for a while, he was there to pack his things. I was so shocked by that thing, that until now the day he left us is still in my mind, very clear memory, it's as if it just happened yesterday. 

He left us when I was still very young (around three years old) and my sister was still a newly born baby, mama had to work hard to earn a living. I had these memories back when I was three, mom had to go to work. Since we did not have any relatives who lived nearby, she was forced to leave us in our house. I was in charge to take care of my baby sister at the age of three (and probably our neighbors looked for us while she was still at work.) 

There was a time when I had to be separated for a while from my mom because I had to attend school. She had to work in a far place, but she couldn't do it if I would be studying already, plus she had to take care of my younger sister. So my auntie helped her, I lived for sometime in my auntie's house together with my uncle and my cousin. There, countless times I envied my cousin because she had a complete family. Her parents were loving; Auntie and Uncle were kind.  Auntie was my second mother and Uncle was like a father to me. I felt at home during the time I was with them, I was loved.

Since I knew that mother was working hard in a far place in Manila, at a young age I tried to study well. I knew I had to do something to make her happy. Thank God that I was able to made it and had high grades and honors. After I graduated in nursery, I immediately entered primary school. I was the youngest in our class but I was able to do well. I was sure Mama was proud of me.

And things continued to happened for us - a family of a single mother with two young daughters. Until I reached 2nd grade in primary school. I did not know that another chapter in our lives was about to happen - a chapter I wish did not happen anymore.

Until my next entry. Hopefully, I would be posting frequently from now on.

God bless us all.

Eliza,


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento